FAFSA for College Students

College Students and FAFSA

College Students and their parents do not fill out the original FAFSA form again, but will fill out a Renewal FAFSA for subsequent academic years.

The documents needed to complete a renewal FAFSA are:

  • Your Social Security Number (can be found on Social Security card)
  • Your driver's license (if any)
  • Your 2005 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
  • Your (and your spouse's, if you are married) 2005 Federal Income Tax Return - IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, foreign tax return, or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, or Palau
  • Your parents' 2005 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
  • Your 2005 untaxed income records - Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records
  • Your most recent bank statements
  • Your most recent business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
  • Your alien registration number or permanent residence card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)